Sunny (Leone) is one of our landlord’s two dogs. She recently turned a year old. In this short span of time, this little lady has:
- Been in a horrible car accident
- Lost a hind leg in the said accident
- Given birth to two puppies
- Lost both of the puppies in a span of two days
- Fallen into a sump filled with water
- Survived after tirelessly swimming for 10 minutes until she was found
- [Update from Feb 2018] Ran away, got badly bitten by streeties and came back. Then ran away again in the two minutes the security guards took to secure her, and was found half an hour later.
She is a spirited little creature, this pomeranian-indie cross. She loves playing with Silk, her furry sister and her two hooman siblings. She never lets the absence of a leg get in the way of a good run – in fact, she zooms around faster than all the other dogs in the neighourhood. If there was ever a fighter, it is this girl, and every time I hear a new story about her adventures, I pray fervently that she lives unscathed to a ripe old age to tell these tales.